Social Media Tabs
There are 2 basic types of facebook like button:
1. The like button that appears on each blog post or website page using plugins such as the WordPress Social Share Buttons Plugin.
2. The like button that appears in the facebook likebox like you see on the WordPress Social Network Tabs Plugin.
When you like a blog post or article … more
If you occassionally get problems with the icons not being positioned correctly for slide out tabs when first visiting a page this can be caused by jQuery creating the icon buttons before the images have downloaded.
The problem can easily be solved by adding a CSS rule to your theme’s style sheet, which sets the icon dimensions. If you are … more
If jQuery is hardcoded into your theme files this may cause plugins that rely on jQuery to break as reloading the jQuery library a second time overwrites previously loaded jQuery plugin files.
To avoid this you can add jQuery via your functions.php file using a built-in WordPress function. This will coordinate between all of the files that require the library … more
To get your facebook ID using your username browse to the following URL – changing “username” for your facebook username:
You should see information similar to the example below, including your facebook ID at the top of the page: … more
The twentyeleven theme has a setting, which allows you to turn off the sidebar for pages/posts.
If your widget is only appearing on the home page go to:
Check the setting for “Default Layout” – make sure that the “One-column, no sidebar” option is NOT selected. … more
Creating your own google API key for the Social Media Tabs google plus plugin is fairly quick and easy:
- Go to https://code.google.com/apis/console#access.
- Login to your google account
- Click “Create Project”.
- Under service list, click “off” button next to “Google+ API” to turn it on.
- Accept both agreements.
- From the left menu, Go to “API Access”
- Copy your API key and
The Social Media Tabs plugin uses embedded timeline Twitter widgets for the Twitter tab. The following steps show how you can create your own widget ID for use in the plugin:
Login to your Twitter account and browse to the following URL: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets
Click the “Create New” button
Select your widget type – user timeline, favourites, … more
There are several reasons why the social media tabs may fail to load properly:
1. The necessary code is missing from the page footer. The plugin adds the required jQuery code to your template footer. Make sure that your template files contain the wp_footer() function – this is usually located just before the closing body tag in your theme’s footer … more
To get your google profile ID for the google +1 tab go to your google accounts page and click on the “edit profile” link.
Check the URL in the browser address bar – your profile ID is the number in the middle of the URL:
https://profiles.google.com/100058553707375301897/about/ … more
The ID used for the social media tabs facebook widget is the ID of your facebook page.
If you dont know your facebook page ID logon to your facebook account and make sure that you switch to “Use facebook as a page” under the “Account” options in the menu.
When you are redirected to your facebook page check the URL … more